LFS- SFSU Live Stream Footage from Occupy SF 10/26/11

Last Wednesday, LFS and our allies received word that there was a strong possibility the Occupy SF camp would be raided by the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD). A call went out for support from the community to protect the camp and its right to speak out against the 1% in this country. Members came out on short notice to gather with the rest of the 99% to protect against a repeat of what happened in Oakland the day before. Braving the cold and repeated reports that the SFPD were on their way, the 99% successfully defended the camp from the raid that never happened. This show of collective strength only proves what we’ve known throughout history: that people power is stronger than people in power. Our kasamas in the Philippines have known that U.S. imperialism is on its death bed. Now, even within the belly of the beast, U.S. citizens across the country are ready to pull the plug on this rotten and decaying system. This is only a snippet of what happened last week (we didn’t leave until 4 a.m.!)


Video streaming by Ustream

Video streaming by Ustream

Video streaming by Ustream

Video streaming by Ustream

Advertisements

About lylestyles

N00B!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s