April 2017 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- AFP Anakbayan anti-US bases Babae balikatan BalikSamBayanan Barack Obama BAYAN BAYAN-USA Blue Scholars BSB CPA Diwang Pinay economic crisis enforced disappearances extra judicial killings Filipina FIRE First Quarter Storm Gabriela GABRIELA-USA GAB USA Globalization Gloria Macapagal Arroyo GMA Hiphop human rights ILPS Imperialism International League of Peoples' Struggle International Worker's Day Joma Jose Maria Sison Jufran junk vfa Kabataan Party-list Karapatan Kiwi Lance Corporal Daniel Smith League of Filipino Students LEP LFS Martial Law May 1st Melissa Roxas migrant music music video Mutual Defense Treaty NAFCON National Democracy OFW Oplan Bantay Laya Overseas Filipino Worker Peasants Philip Alston Philippines Pinay PINAY sa Seattle Power Struggle prostitution stop the killings Students terrorism Tuition Fee Hikes U.N. U.S. United Nations US Military Aid VFA video Visiting Forces Agreement Women Workers youth
- fb.me/5jW0HbKvG 1 day ago
- fb.me/1WRKUSug2 1 day ago
- “What I’ve seen with the NPA, they just really want to get people out of poverty, they’re really not bad people,”... fb.me/8KSTdHpyr 3 days ago
- Neglected and Shamed, Filipino Poor Seize and Redistribute Homes, Demand Jobs fb.me/8I73x6VP1 3 days ago
- #JustPeace fb.me/3eSZ0jQkK 4 days ago
- LFS Internship Fall 2015: Reflection #3This week’s ED definitely changed my perspective about youth’s roles in the community....
- LFS Internship Fall 2015 - Reflection #3Upon entering the classroom last week, I walked in not thinking that there were any other forms of...
- LFS Internship Fall 2015: Reflection #2 [LEP]At the second AAS Internship meeting we had, I learned a lot about PI labor exports, although I had...
- LFS Internship Fall 2015: Reflection #2 [LEP]After hearing about the Labor Export Policy, I never would have imagined that I was always exposed...
- LFS Internship Fall 2015: Reflection #1I am from Vallejo, California, which is another city in the Bay Area. I am also a freshman at San...
- LFS Internship Fall 2015: Reflection #1So, my name is Clarissa Gonzales. I’m a Pre-Nursing major at SF State and I’m currently a freshman....
- LFS Internship Fall 2015: Reflection #3
Tag Archives: Philip Alston
(From our good friends at New York Committee for Human Rights in the Philippines) **** URGENT ACTION ALERT **** SIGN THE EMERGENCY ONLINE PETITION<<<<<<<<<<< * STAND AGAINST TORTURE ON JUNE 26, THE UN INTERNATIONAL DAY IN SUPPORT OF VICTIMS OF … Continue reading
There have been numerous articles and statements written about the extra-judicial killings that have occurred in the Philippines since 2001 under the regime of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. The Philippine-based human rights organization, Karapatan, has been at the forefront of documenting these … Continue reading
The Only “Change” We See Is the Change Being Pocketed by the Philippine Government to Rape and Terrorize the Filipino People—BAYAN-USA
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE CASE GO TO: Another ‘Nicole’: Filipina Accuses US Marine of Rape; Case Heightens Junk-VFA Call – Bulatlat (Fact Sheet on the case at the bottom of statement) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Rhonda Ramiro, email@example.com May … Continue reading
For Immediate Release May 8, 2009 Reference: Katrina Abarcar, Katarungan: Center for Peace, Justice, and Human Rights in the Philippines firstname.lastname@example.org Alston’s Upcoming Report Gives Filipino-American Human Rights Advocates Justification to Ramp Up Pressure on Philippine Government Washington, DC – Recent news … Continue reading
News Release April 22, 2009 Reference: Peter Arvin Jabido, NY Committee for Human Rights in the Philippines, email: email@example.com PALPARAN SHOULD BE IN JAIL, NOT THE PHILIPPINE GOVERNMENT– NYCHRP Appointment of “The Butcher” to Philippine Congress Indicates Lack of Regard … Continue reading
Something I’ve leared in journalism class: One important aspect of news is that it’s new. This article is almost a year old, but unfortunately its still news. The government’s war on legal activists is alive and well. Let’s use this … Continue reading
News Release April 14, 2009 Reference: Peter Arvin Jabido, NY Committee for Human Rights in the Philippines, email: firstname.lastname@example.org REMOVE SISON FROM TERRORIST LIST! RESUME GRP-NDFP PEACE TALKS NOW! NEW YORK, NY– A human rights advocacy group in New York … Continue reading